Friday, April 6, 2012

Gothic Eye Candy: Jane Eyre (1943)

Jane Eyre is unquestionably the grandmother of the modern Gothic Romance. I have at least four film versions, and have room on my shelves for more in the future. My favorite is the 2008 BBC miniseries, but by far the best looking is the 1943 classic starring Orson Welles and Joan Fontaine. One of my favorite blogs is The Obscure Hollow, a blog dedicated to posting screen grabs from Gothic films, mostly focusing on the set designs. No commentary, just frame after frame of Gothic eye candy. So,to avoid being accused of ripping off a great idea, my version will feature the occasional commentary. 

Without further ado, 20th Century Fox's Jane Eyre, cinematography by George Barnes.







Jane prepares to enter the Midnight Room.










No comments:

Post a Comment